Join us for the 34th annual Multicultural Journalism Workshop in June, 2017!
The University of Alabama’s 34rd annual Multicultural Journalism Workshop will be held June 2-11, 2017. The purpose of the workshop is to give high school students experience that teaches them more about college life and a career in media.
Students who will be in the 9th grade through freshman year in college in fall 2016 are eligible to attend the workshop. Students do not have to live in Alabama. The program is free and the University supplies housing, meals and field trips, as well as top-notch, intensive instruction by industry professionals. Transportation to and from Tuscaloosa is the student’s responsibility. The deadline to apply is April 1.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
When applying, please complete:
1) A completed 2017 application.
2) An official transcript of grades and standardized test scores.
3) A typed, 500-word essay explaining your interest in journalism. Include at least 100 words about your interest in journalism in an increasingly diverse society.
4) Writing samples, preferably photocopies, of published stories or articles. Brief unpublished manuscripts or broadcast scripts are also acceptable.
5) A list of school and community activities and work experience.
6) A signed recommendation from a principal, teacher, guidance counselor or media professional on organization letterhead.
Questions? Contact us at 205-348-2772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.